About The Delaware Store
Located on Dover's historic Green, on the site of the Golden Fleece Tavern (1742-1829), which was used as the seat of government when the capital of Delaware was moved from New Castle in 1777, where the US Constitution was ratified on December 7, 1787, making Delaware the first state in the new nation! The Bill of Rights was also ratified here, before the permanent State House was erected in 1791.
In 1830, the Capitol Hotel opened on our site and was remodeled to be offices in 1926 by the Ridgely family, who still own it, today. Standing on such great history, we are honored to be here!
We are part of Parke Green Galleries, Jan is one of the artists in this co-operative.
We carry Delaware themed gifts, flags, apparel & art works. We endeavor to buy goods that are responsibly made in America.